Pima PTO Volunteer Coordinator: Shannon Aiton at firstname.lastname@example.org
There are many opportunities to volunteer at Pima, to send an email inquiry regarding volunteer opportunities, please use our Email Us form.
Please contact us to find out how you can help out.
Parent Volunteers on campus are now asked to fill out a Volunteer and/or Parent Chaperone Application. After completing the online application, please call Angelica Amaya at (480) 484-2818 with the 5 digit confirmation number received.
“Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart.”
District Guidelines for Volunteers
- Parents volunteering ONLY in their own child’s classrooms need to be approved at the site level by the teacher and the principal. No paperwork is necessary. Please do remind volunteers to always sign in at the office and take the appropriate identification for visitors.
- Parents who are volunteering in any of the following capacities need to fill out the district volunteer application form that includes permission to run a background check:
- In any classroom other than their own child’s, including the cafeteria
- Working with student information/ records
- Chaperoning field trips where the volunteer is not constantly in the line of sight of a teacher
- Chaperoning overnight field trips
Read more on the SUSD Volunteer web page.
SUSD is fortunate to have highly engaged parents and community members. Currently, the District has over 2600 volunteers on record that are actively serving our schools in a variety of capacities.
Obtaining a Food Handler Card
Click the links below for information on obtaining a food handler card.